Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Makes Me Happy

23 Things (for 23 years) that make me happy
  1. 6 am texts from my dad saying that he loves me and hopes I have a good day.
  2. Having an event to go to for which you MUST buy a new dress.
  3. When a person is running towards the bus stop and the bus starts to leave, but then the driver is aware of his/her surroundings and sees the person running so they stop to let them get on.
  4. Perfectly painted nails that I did myself--it means I'm an artist and that I've saved some money.
  5. A really cute outfit that makes my legs look long and skinny.
  6. Leftovers for lunch.
  7. Clean sheets and a made bed. 
  8. A new show to watch on Netfilx InstaWatch on my iPad. In said clean bed. 
  9. Eating a great dinner with friends or a boyfriend or your parents at a restaurant you've been wanting to try for a long time.
  10. Having 0 unread emails in my work inbox.
  11. Having 1 unread email in my personal inbox from a friend or a crush.
  12. Warm fall days, cool summer days.
  13. Writing an essay or blog post or email or anything really and having someone compliment my writing.
  14. Kissing a new boyfriend sober for the first time.
  15. When my kitty snuggles on my shoulders when I'm laying in bed and rests his head on the pillow next to mine.
  16. Baby pictures where my sister and I look both terrifying and adorable at the same time. Why did our  mother think wearing cowboy boots and a swimsuit at the same time was a good idea?
  17. Getting dating advice from my grandmother. She married her high school sweetheart, had 4 kids and 25 years of marriage. But, she ultimately decided she needed more. So, she became her own person in her 40s. She always encourages me to do similar, just in the reverse order.
  18. Mexican Coke (a Cola). 'nuff said.
  19. Soup and sandwiches.
  20. Supporting myself financially, emotionally, and sartorially.
  21. Apple and Google.
  22. Chicago.
  23. Spontaneous trips. To the grocery store or halfway around the world. Things that aren't planned are the best.

1 comment: